Instructional animations are animations that are used to teach someone how to do a task right away or to help them learn something more permanently. While both of these uses can be represented as instructional animations, when the goal is to support learning, the term educational animation may be used.
Instructional videos tend to be quite straightforward. Here are a few general principles to consider when planning your next instructional video
- Know your target audience
- Less is more. Avoid the temptation to say too much
- Define your key messaging, takeaways, or call-to-action
- Be authentic. Keep it fun and stay true to your brand
- Don’t fret over the length of the video. There is no magic duration for instructional videos. Viewers will be patient if the information provided is helpful