The how of video marketing is pretty simple: Your brand creates videos that, in some way or another, promote your company, drive sales, raise awareness of your products or services, or engage your customers. In practice, it’s a little more complicated.
To develop your marketing video strategy, you’ll want to:
1. Allocate resources: You will need to designate some budget for video – at the least, decent equipment, good editing software, and a video marketing guru (or, better, team) – as well as time to create it.
2. Tell your stories: Storytelling is as important as it is in the video, so get brainstorming: What stories do you want to tell? How will you tell them?
3. Engage: It’s not at all simple to tell your stories; you must engage your audience while you do so. How and what will make your stories interesting?
4.Keep it short: There’s no set length for these videos, but the general rule is that shorter is better. Cut, cut, cut out everything extraneous. Attention spans are very short, so make the best of what you get.
5. Publish: Publish your videos everywhere – embed it on your website, uploaded to YouTube, and on all your social media channels. Then, promote, promote, promote.
6. Analyze: Track stats and metrics, to determine which videos do the best – and why.